BritBus Forums

Welcome to BritBus Forums! Register for a free account today to become a member of the family! Once you've registered and you've signed in, you'll be able to participate within the site by adding you own threads, posts and interacting with the other members of the forum, whether that's through private messages or threads themselves!

• Hello, Guest!
    The website was down for around 15 minutes whilst we performed a backup.
    We're back now!
    Did you know, we have a Discord server? Why don't you click here to join it?

Ashford V1 Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

a8k

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Forum Member
Fastlane Studios
*UPDATED APRIL 2019*

Welcome to the forum of Ashford County. There are 3 villages: Ashford, Ledhall, and Holmebriggs.

There are no main roads connecting these villages but there are country roads filled with plenty of scenery. The country road to Ledhall has plenty of twists and turns and is most likely challenging. On the other hand, the road to Holmebriggs is less twisty but has the occasional sharp turn.

In this map, there is only going to be one big route.

It will start at Ashford High Street. It will make a turn and go through a street with only 3 houses. Then, the route goes onto the country road towards Holmebriggs. It stops, picks up passengers, and sets off again. This time, there is a big country road leading to Ledhall. The bus drives through there. Eventually, you will arrive at Ledhall where the bus alights. It then goes along another country road along to Ashford Flats, where the bus terminates there (Ashford Flats are across from the High Street). The bus turns into the high street, ready for the next route.

Thank you for reading this and hopefully you will enjoy the map when it will eventually be released.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, I am not a pro at OMSI 2 Editor but I have been learning. There are no hills because it just goes wrong when I attempt to make them. Instead, I made challenging roads to hopefully make up for that.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DESCRIPTION OF THE VILLAGES

In Ashford, it is a small village with only 3 flats and 3 houses. The village is covered with lots of Flora and looks very "natureous". This makes us forget about global warming (hopefully lol).

Ledhall is a village with a lot of houses. It will be mainly industrial with factories and warehouses. There will be a selection of shops too. This village will have a dedicated bus stance for the big route.

Now, coming up for Holmebriggs. This is going to hopefully a large village. There will be a large high street with rows upon rows of houses and flats. This is mainly going to be a commercial area but like I said, plenty of houses. This is where most residents of the county will live. There will also be a large bus station as there will be AI routes going around the village.
Q&A!

Q: When will this map be released?
A: Hopefully at the end of the year

Q: Any beta?
A: NO!! (apart from private testing. NO DATE GIVEN)

Q: How much is completed?
A: Around 20% so don't be expecting Ashford any time soon

Q: Are you showcasing this map anywhere else?
A: Yes, Virtual Bus and my YouTube channel

Last edited:

a8k

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Forum Member
Fastlane Studios
You can never have too much Flora - Fulleylove

Reactions: fin

a8k

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Forum Member
Fastlane Studios
*UPDATE*
I was streaming a bit earlier on Ashford and I was just placing scenery.

a8k

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Forum Member
Fastlane Studios
What have I done...?
bandicam 2019-04-26 19-48-15-770.jpg
bandicam 2019-04-26 19-48-26-379.jpg
bandicam 2019-04-26 19-48-37-487.jpg

Well basically there was a lag issue when I test drove on the map so I removed the big shop and replaced it with some flats.

a8k

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Forum Member
Fastlane Studios
OK folks I am back after nearly a week. I have got back to work today by adding more Flora and......... SIGNS!

Status
Not open for further replies.